There are those that work in hot environments. Then there are those who work where sparks fly or fire is present. The Original Cool Vest – Welder's Green Banox with FR3 Flame Retardant Banox fabric is for them. The durable Banox fabric of the Original Cool Vest works to protect the outside of the vest from sparks while the GlacierPacks keep you cool and comfortable on the inside. This cooling vest features adjustable quick release buckles and over-the-shoulder adjustability to fit a wide range of body sizes. Additionally, it includes a heavy-duty front zipper for easy on/off wear.
NOTE: Banox is a trademark of ITEX Corp. for its flame retardant fabric that meets NFPA70E Category 2. The Original Cool Vest – Green Banox with FR3 Flame Retardant Banox fabric is not tested or claimed to meet the standard as an assembly. No model of Glacier Tek Cool Vests should be worn as an outer garment in any environment that will expose the wearer to arc flash or open flames.
- Banox fabric that is 100% cotton and treated by a single-step flame-retarding process
- Includes one set of eight high-performance cooling packs (four large, four small)
- Manufactured with FR3 Flame Retardant Banox fabric
- Weighs about 5.5 pounds with cooling packs
- Dry and clean, not soggy and soaking wet like evaporative products
- Maintains a dry, comfortable 59°F / 15°C for up to 2.5 hours in 100°F / 38°C
- Self-contained, portable and unpowered – no cumbersome hoses, tubes or tethers