Physical activity raises your body temperature and can cause you to overheat, which can be detrimental when engaged in physical activities such as cycling or running. But strapping on a Sports Cool Vest will provide cooling comfort from the start to the finish line. And even if you don’t wear it during physical activity, doing so afterward can speed the cool down process by restoring your core temperature.
The Sports Cool Vest is outfitted with a heavy duty front zipper, dual side elastic straps and over-the-shoulder adjustability for maximum hold that will fit a wide range of body sizes. And since it’s bound to get sweaty and dirty, it can also be conveniently cleaned in the laundry along with your regular clothing.
- Includes one set of eight high-performance cooling packs (four large, four small)
- Includes one set of four booster packs to extend cooling by 45 minutes or more
- Two mesh bags make it easy to transport, recharge and store both pack sets
- Vest features adjustable dual side straps
- Weighs less than 5 pounds with cooling packs
- Dry and clean, not soggy and soaking wet like evaporative products
- Maintains a dry, comfortable 59°F / 15°C for up to 2.5 hours in 100°F / 38°C heat
- Self-contained, portable and unpowered - no cumbersome hoses, tubes or tethers
- Cooling packs are made in the USA
Here's how the booster packs work. Each set consists of four small packs that weigh 7 ounces each. Because of their lower freezing point, they must be charged in a freezer. Standard packs may be charged in a freezer, refrigerator or ice water. Once all the packs are solid, slide one of the standard four-cell packs into each pocket of the vest. Then slide one of the three-cell booster packs in each pocket, on the outer side of the four-cell pack. You want the four-cell packs closer to your body; they hold a comfortable temperature of around 59 degrees F. The green booster packs are much colder; they're designed to keep the inner packs cool, but not cold, for longer periods.