Looks Like Everyday Clothing
The Flex vest is designed to look more like a casual sleeveless jacket than standard cooling apparel, which typically looks alot like a life vest. Perfect for casual or professional environments where you want to stay cool without standing out.
Easy to Clean
GlacierPacks can be hand-washed with warm water and dish soap. If desired, isopropyl alcohol may be used for disinfection. Rinse and towel dry before use.
Flex vests can be washed by hand and line-dried, or by machine on a delicate wash cycle with a tumble dry.
Fitted to Your Size
The Flex vest is offered in a variety of sizes, Small to 3XL. A 90/10 blend of Nylon and Spandex ensures that the Flex vest will provide you with a flexible, comfortable fit! Additional size/measurement details are available below.
- One Glacier Tek Flex Vest
- One Glacier Tek Pack Set for Flex Vests
- Includes Qty 12 Flex Packs
- Mesh bag for securing and transporting cooling packs
- Flex vests are made up of a 90% nylon and 10% spandex fabric blend designed for superior comfort and flexibility
- Cooling packs contain a non-hazardous and bio-degradable PCM, the Safety Data Sheet can be found here
- The Flex vest is offered in sizes S - 3XL
- Chest Size: 33" - 35"
- Waist Size: 30" - 33"
- Shoulder to Waist Length: 25"
- Chest Size: 36" - 38"
- Waist Size: 33 - 36"
- Shoulder to Waist Length: 25.5"
- Chest Size: 39" - 41"
- Waist Size: 37" - 40"
- Shoulder to Waist Length: 26"
- Chest Size: 42" - 44"
- Waist Size: 40" - 43"
- Shoulder to Waist Length: 26.5"
- Chest Size: 45" - 47"
- Waist Size: 43" - 46"
- Shoulder to Waist Length: 27"
- Chest Size: 48" - 51"
- Waist Size: 46 - 50"
- Shoulder to Waist Length: 27.5"
- Flex Packs measure 6" x 5" x 0.35"
- Vest weighs approximately 0.6 lbs without cooling packs
- 5 oz per Flex Pack
- 4.5 lbs total product weight
The Glacier Tek Flex Vest features soft, high-quality fabric that is a blend of Nylon and Spandex. Besides being incredibly comfortable it will stretch and move with the wearer, and is also styled to look like everyday casual wear!
This vest is especially well-suited for those who expect to wear a cooling vest frequently indoors to stay comfortable or provide relief for a medical condition, as its lightweight design reduces the burden of wearing a cooling vest for extended periods of time. It is also ideal for professional environments such as offices and workplaces, as the vest's appearance is more similar to casual wear than a typical cooling vest.
- Additional Product Features
- Cooling Packs recharge within 30 minutes when placed directly in ice water; 1-2 hours in a freezer or refridgerator
- Dry and clean, not soggy and soaking wet like evaporative products
- Several pockets for cooling packs spread across the vest, allowing for a greater cooling area
- Nontoxic, biobased cooling material maintains a comfortable 59° F for up to 2.5 hours in 90 F conditions
- Fits over or under most clothing
I tested this flex vest several times now. I like the snug fit. The PCM pack freeze quickly in refrigerator or cooler with a bit of ice. It takes awhile for the cooling effect to start. Better with this vest worn next to skin. Effect is significantly reduced if wearing over a cotton t shirt. Better over thin nylon shirt, but best worn under shirt. Packs are thin, which is good for comfort but don’t last very long. Expect about 2 hours before cooling is ineffective. I got a spare set of packs, but a pain to change out when wearing under other shirt. Packs will refreeze in cooler amazingly fast (15 minutes) in a cooler with just cool water.
This vest has a great fit, very stretchy and fits snug against the body. I was worried it would be too big for my small 11 year old but the size S works great. He is not able to sweat so wears a cooling vest for gym class and any other times he is active or in warm weather. He loves the style and it does keep him cooler than his previous vest, however, the pockets for the cooling packs do not secure at the top so he is constantly having the cooling packs slipping out during activity. I will be adding some velcro to help keep things in place. Otherwise an overall great vest. I appreciate the option of something a little more "stylish" for people that need them for everyday activities.
I contacted Glacier Tek directly and I was welcomed by Zack Best. He was very professional and listened to my concerns and about injuries that I had sustained in the past. I have been a strength athlete for over 20 years and I was hurt pretty severely at the end of 2015. I was hospitalized and a part of my condition today that I have to avoid is overheating. Living in Florida does not make it easy. I researched these vests and with the help of Zack Best I am back in the gym with my vest five days a week. It has been a lifesaver! I recommend this vest and whole heartedly believe in the company. Thanks again Zack! I will refer you and your company to anyone who asks or needs relief from the heat.
I ordered this vest for my 12-year-old daughter who has ichthyosis and does not sweat. She likes that the vest is stylish. The vest is also more comfortable than other models because it uses a larger number of smaller ice packs, which makes it fit better.
I have MS, This helps me a lot. Thank you.