Durable FR3-Rated Material
Banox vests are designed to weather tough jobs and hazardous conditions, with FR3-rated banox fabric that improves resistance to wear, tear, and open flames. Buckles replace the standard velcro side straps to further reduce additional fire-hazard risks. All Banox vests include a tag that verifies their FR-3 rating.
Easy to Clean
GlacierPacks can be hand-washed with warm water and dish soap. If desired, isopropyl alcohol may be used for disinfection. Rinse and towel dry before use.
Banox vests can be washed by hand and line-dried, or by machine on a delicate wash cycle with a tumble dry.
Adustable Fit for Sizes S-3XL
The Banox vest comes in one size, with side and shoulder straps that can be adjusted to fit most adults. Vests will accomodate standard sizes S-XL, and can accomodate up to 3XL with the addition of a Extender Set
- One Glacier Tek Banox Vest
- One Glacier Tek Pack Set for Adults
- Includes Qty 4 3-cell cooling packs
- Includes Qty 4 4-cell cooling packs
- Mesh bag for securing and transporting cooling packs
- The Banox vest is made with 100% cotton fabric that has undergone a flame-retardant treatment
- Cooling packs contain a non-hazardous and bio-degradable PCM, the Safety Data Sheet can be found here
- The standard Banox vest (without any accessories) is designed to fit sizes S-XL
- Minimum torso size: 30"
- Maximum torso size: 46"
- The Banox vest fitted with a Banox Vest Extender Setcan fit sizes up to 3XL
- Maximum torso size: 58"
- 3-cell cooling packs measure 8.75" x 5.25" x 0.5"
- 4-cell cooling packs measure 11.25" x 5.25" x 0.5"
- Vest weighs approximately 1 lb without cooling packs
- 7 oz per 3-cell cooling pack
- 10.3 oz per 4-cell cooling pack
- 5.5 lbs total product weight
Some environments are too extreme or dangerous to simply grin and bear them, but are unavoidable all the same. When a tough job needs to be done regardless of its difficult nature, protect yourself and prepare to be cool with the Banox vest from Glacier Tek.
The Banox vest is made with extremely durable (FR3) Flame Retardant Banox* fabric, protecting the outside of the vest from various types of environmental damage. To maximize both flexibility and effect of the vest set, the cooling packs included with this vest feature horizontal cells that conform to your torso as you bend and stretch. Lastly, this design includes a heavy-duty front zipper for easy application & removal, but also features quick-release buckles at the sides to replace the velcro side-straps that are more vulnerable to heat damage.
All of the Banox vest's features make it ideal for mitigating the hazardous work environments typically seen in oil, gas, chemical, and manufacturing industries. Those working on roofs, in attics, and throughout other difficult locations that feature small spaces or sharp hazards also benefit regularly from the use of durable Banox vests!
- Additional Product Features
- Cooling Packs recharge within 30 minutes when placed directly in ice water; 1-2 hours in a freezer or refridgerator
- Dry and clean, materials are not soggy and soaking wet like evaporative products
- Maintains a comfortable 59°F / 15°C, none of the dangerous freezing temperatures that ice-powered vests produce
- Banox fabric is 100% cotton and treated by a single-step flame-retarding process
Please note that while the Banox vest fabric is flame-retardant, unprotected cooling packs are not. Avoid exposing cooling packs to direct contact with open flames.
* Banox fabric is a registered trademark of ITEX Corp. (for its flame-retardant fabric that meets NFPA70E Category 2), used with permission.